Are You Headed For A Gray Divorce? We Have You Covered.
A divorce after age 50 presents many of the same concerns as a divorce at a younger age – but also many different ones. At The Law Office of Carrie M. Wilcox, we have abundant experience representing clients approaching divorce later in life. As a client of attorney Carrie M. Wilcox, you may rest assured that a clear direction and skillful advocacy will lead the way.
Our family law firm has been offering help and hope for individuals, couples and families in the Phoenix area for over two decades. We are available to develop a sound legal strategy focused on your goals while advocating for your rights and interests with empathy, skill and determination.
Things To Consider When Approaching Divorce Late In Life
After decades of adulthood and possibly many years of marriage, your financial future may be on the line as you go through the difficult process of divorce. We are here to lift some of the burden while providing personalized counsel on key parts of this major life transition such as the following:
- Dividing assets including real estate, vehicles, collectibles, stocks and bonds, and accounts that can be divided or cashed out
- Splitting retirement savings through a qualified domestic relations order (QDRO) or otherwise
- Understanding and maximizing Social Security benefits
- Life insurance beneficiary changes and other modifications
- Health insurance if one spouse has depended on the other for coverage during the marriage
- Allocation of debts
- Alimony (spousal maintenance) if appropriate
- Mental and cognitive health issues of the other party if they are a concern in your case
In these and other areas of concern, we will listen carefully to understand your perspective and guide you in a direction that will support your priorities.
Request A Consultation With An Experienced Phoenix-Based Lawyer
We hope to hear from you, learn about your concerns and share valuable insights about your coming divorce as an older adult.